Collagen Zucchini Muffins
Now these muffins are the ultimate grab-and-go breakfast that’ll get you ready for your busy day! Low carb and paleo friendly, Collagen Zucchini Muffins are just 136 calories per serving. They’re made with high fat nut flour, and when you throw in your scoop of collagen peptides, you’ll get some protein for support your gut and connective tissue! Zucchini provides minerals and fiber, and that banana will give you a lovely electrolyte boost. Make a whole batch on Sunday and you’ll have some delicious muffins ready for your work week!
This high fat nut flour based zucchini muffin is amazing. It is 70% fat macros without adding the couple teaspoons or a generous tablespoon of grassfed butter on top and it has six eggs and collagen peptides to provide protein as well as gut and connective tissue support. The addition of a whole cup of shredded zucchini with skin on provides lutein, zeaxanthin, beta-carotene, and total carotenoids along with minerals and fiber. The flourless base is almond flour providing protein and fat with just a Tbsp of coconut flour to create a perfect mouthfeel and texture.
- Prep Time:10 minutes
- Cook Time:25 minutes
6 medium eggs, if large reduce to 5 eggs
1/4 cup ghee, melted
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 banana, mashed
1 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1.5 scoops Misspep Collagen Peptides
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 cup packed grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk eggs, allow ghee and coconut oil to cool to just warm and incorporate into the eggs with whisk. Then mix in mashed banana.
- In a separate bowl mix almond flour, coconut flour, collagen, baking soda, cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl and stir until combined and add almond extract.
- Press out remaining water from shredded zucchini by pressing in cheese cloth or towel. Then fold zucchini into the muffin mixture and scoop ⅛ cup portions into lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Per Serving: Calories: 136; Total Fat: 11 g; Saturated Fat: 6 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g; Cholesterol: 78 mg; Sodium: 85 mg; Potassium: 536 mg; Carbohydrate: 6 g; Fiber: 3 g; Sugar: 2 g; Protein: 5 g
Vitamin C: 2%; Vitamin A: 6%; Iron: 5%; Calcium: 4%